I am delighted to be partnered with a tech-first, award winning company who represent a huge success story within the London tech community.
Thanks to their widely loved product offering, they have enjoyed 4 times year-on-year growth, positioning them officially as one of fastest growing tech businesses in the UK.
Now home to a hugely diverse workforce of over 65 dedicated employees, they are looking to add an Engineering Manager to oversee a set of cross functional teams in a people-management capacity, to help engineers of all levels to show their best selves.
It’s important that you’ve worked as an engineering manager or similar before.
If that’s you, they’d like you to have either:
A background as a software engineer who has progressed through the ranks to find you show your best side managing software engineers of varying disciplines.
A background of having working closely with software engineers in a modern, product-focused development environment (microservices, distributed systems, serverless etc), but not necessarily as an engineer yourself.
The Three Main Responsibilities Of The Job:
· You’ll be tasked with looking after the happiness of those within cross functional engineering teams. As a result, a high level of emotional intelligence is key for this position.
· You’ll work closely with the engineering leaders to prioritise & map out future plans for overall engineering team success.
· You’ll be the main champion of the engineers’ development. For example, you’ll assist with the development of some of the more junior members of the team and work closely with the Senior and Lead members of the team to make sure they feel they have a clear path of progression within the business.
What They Need From You:
· Experience in managing engineers within a high-performing environment
· A desire to be the catalyst that empowers engineers to become the best they can be and encourage an enviable engineering culture.
· An interest in top-tier user experience, particularly from a design perspective
· A solid grounding of computer science knowledge
· A familiarity with cloud infrastructure & distributed system environments
A casual interest in the following will definitely be helpful, but is by no means essential:
- Augmented Reality & 3D Imaging
- Machine Learning, Neural Networks & Deep Learning techniques
- User Experience and Design
Whilst this is a mainly hands-off position, it’s important to know they hire for engineers of a high calibre:
- They use Go as a primary language and hire those with the likes of Go, Python, Ruby, Java, Rust, Elixir, NodeJS typically.
- They’re big users of AWS, but GCP is cool too. They’re also very knowledgeable around Kubernetes & Terraform, and distributed systems generally.
Why Might You Like To Speak With Them?
- This is a great chance to have a really positive impact on the careers of others (and your own of course!)
- They build products which enrich the lives of people globally.
- What they’re doing under the bonnet with technology is phenomenal.
- Their culture is highly inclusive, they encourage a positive and creative mindset, and their team is very diverse.
Their Flexible Working Stance:
- Fully remote right now.
- For the foreseeable future, they’re happy for you to work flexibly between home and their central London office – there’s no set standard, whatever works for you.
If you like the sound of the above & you’d like to uncover some of the finer details, please apply to the advert and I’ll be in touch.