Most of the software engineers I speak with tell me they’d love to work for a company that contributes to the betterment of society as a whole, something with an ethical flair. Others say fintech.
It’s not uncommon to feel these are two opposing things; I’m here to tell you they don’t have to be.
I’m hiring for an experienced senior software engineer for a Bristol based company with an offering to the financial world that has the express intention to:
- Negate climate change
- Universalise human rights
- Ensure gender equality
Unsurprisingly, their offering has made huge waves within the industry already and they have household names queueing up to be involved.
They’re hiring for an experienced engineer with something close to the following:
- 6+ years’ experience working in a modern software environment
- An ability to contribute to architectural decisions
- A desire to play an important part in the future of their products, from a software perspective
- A familiarity with the world of distributed systems, cloud architecture & DevOps.
Tech wise, their current setup is:
- Go / Golang as a primary language
- GCP (they’ll happily consider someone with an AWS or an Azure background)
- Kubernetes & Terraform – this job provides a great chance to upskill in these areas.
- NoSQL (but equally as happy to consider those with experience in other scaled databases)
- React at the frontend alongside some Typescript
They’re interested in speaking with a software engineer who would like to make a valuable contribution to society through tech, whilst working with tools that will make your skillset among the most coveted in the UK.
Flexible Working Policy and other bits:
- This company are happy for their staff to work predominantly from home, with ~8 days in the Bristol office a month. Generally, anywhere in the South West of England will be fine.
- They also operate on flexi-time, with core hours of 10am - 3pm
- Diversity and inclusion is a hugely important aspect of their company culture
- They offer 33 holiday days in total
- Post-probation, there's the chance to gain a meaningful amount of shares within the company
If you’d like to understand the details in a bit more depth, please apply to the advert & I’ll be in touch for an informal chat.