Solve interesting problems with software whilst contributing to environmental sustainability.
This opportunity is offering the chance for a UK based engineer to work completely remotely.
Having won industry awards for their game-changing environmentally sustainable products, a company are looking to hire a Principal Software Engineer.
They're heavily involved in the internet of things, so this could be a great chance for you to engage with a completely new area of technology.
Their Main Requirements
- Proven software engineering experience using Python and Django at a senior level
- Experience designing data pipelines
- A flair for building software architecture
- An ability to take an idea & autonomously conceptualize it & then build it
- Some exposure to CI / CD practices
- A desire to make software robust, stable & scalable
- An ability to win the hearts & minds of their less experienced software engineers
This position will be particularly appealing to those with even a passing interest in the following:
- Low-Carbon & Renewable Energy
- IoT - Internet of Things
- Big Data
Joining as an experienced engineer, you'll play an important part in building their next-gen software solutions. We need someone who brings a good body of knowledge about software best practices & who is comfortable recommending new processes & tools that fit the task at hand.
The business have so far found great success in hiring those with a tendency to tackle new challenges with both a positive & curious approach. They'd love to see these traits in you as well.
If you're a sociable, environmentally-conscious technologist with a flair for picking up new technologies, I'd encourage you to apply.
Why Do People Join?
- The founders are extremely involved - they are constantly welcoming & implementing brand new ideas that come from the software teams.
- The chance to work for a company that hold environmental sustainability at the heart of everything they do.
- They have nurtured an environment where people seem to want to socialise both inside & outside of work - there's no 'forced fun'
The Next Steps
If you like the sound of the company & you'd be interested in finding out more, apply & I'll get in touch to arrange an informal chat.