Solve interesting problems with software whilst contributing to environmental sustainability.
This opportunity is offering the chance for UK based Principal Engineers to work remotely with irregular visits to their London office.
Having won industry awards for their game-changing environmentally sustainable products, a company are looking to hire a Principal Software Engineer.
They're heavily involved in the internet of things, so this could be a great chance for you to engage with a completely new area of technology.
Their Main Requirements
- 5+ years' of proven software engineering experience using a strongly typed programming language ( Java / C / C++ / Python / Scala )
- An interest in building microservices in Golang - existing experience not required
- Strong API design experience is a must
- A flair for building software architecture
- An ability to take an idea & autonomously conceptualize it & then build it
- Some exposure to CI / CD practices
- A desire to make software robust, stable & scalable
- An ability to win the hearts & minds of their less experienced software engineers
This position will be particularly appealing to those with even a passing interest in the following:
- Low-Carbon & Renewable Energy
- IoT - Internet of Things
- Big Data
- Working with Golang
Joining as an experienced engineer, you'll play an important part in building their next-gen software solutions. They need someone who brings a good body of knowledge about software best practices & who is comfortable recommending new processes & tools that fit the task at hand.
The business have so far found great success in hiring those with a tendency to tackle new challenges with both a positive & curious approach. They'd love to see these traits in you as well.
If you're a sociable, environmentally-conscious technologist with a flair for picking up new technologies, I'd encourage you to apply.
Why Do People Join?
- The founders are extremely involved - they are constantly welcoming & implementing brand new ideas that come from the software teams.
- The chance to work for a company that hold environmental sustainability at the heart of everything they do.
- They have nurtured an environment where people seem to want to socialise both inside & outside of work - there's no 'forced fun'
The Next Steps
If you like the sound of the company & you'd be interested in finding out more, apply & I'll get in touch to arrange an informal chat.