Head of Data Science, Insights and Analytics
Are you looking to work in one of the most innovative start-ups in the southwest, while shaping the future direction of their Data division? If so, then you’re definitely in the right place. My client is wanting to bring in this senior appointment to help them launch on the next step of their journey.
They’re looking for someone who is passionate about data, and is willing to get hands on with the teams which they will be overseeing. Leading by example and showcasing best practice is incredibly important as you’ll be involved directly with the delivery of data driven insights for their customers, internal business needs, and being innovative with use of the data.
You’ll be working with the Chief Product Officer and taking charge of the existing data teams. As well as this, you’ll be responsible for the Data science, insights and analytics for all divisions of the business. You’ll be involved with looking after their bespoke Data warehouse solution, with one of the most innovative tech stacks currently available on the market. You’ll also be tasked with ensuring it delivers business needs by maintaining the relevance, accuracy, quality, and speed of service.
You need to be hands on with the datasets with cover the cyber-security challenges that are set in the business, and be solution oriented. There are millions of data points that are ready for you to get stuck in with, where you can provide wider innovation across the business.
With a background in Data analysis you’ll be supporting the business intelligence required by their internal stakeholders as well as their external customers so that you can provide the best insights currently available to the market.
- You’ll be owning the strategy and roadmap for the business in terms of data
- You’ll be developing and enhancing the data architecture in partnership with engineering and product divisions
- You’ll be leading the data team and setting their direction for the future
- You’ll need to provide data analytics for divisions of the business including: UX, Product, Sales, and Customer Success
- Finally you’ll need to work collaboratively with product to deliver customer insights within their platform
- Expertise in Applied statistics and advanced Machine Learning techniques
- Practical knowledge of the tech stack (DBT/Snowflake/Stitch/Looker)
- Excellent R/Python, Excel and SQL skills
- Agile, Rapid Prototyping, and Lean Methodologies
- Stakeholder management skills to translate business issues into potential solutions
- Excellent Data visualisation and presentation skills and techniques
Some of the perks
- Attractive package including Bonus and Share options
- Fully remote with monthly visits
- Flexible working times
- Career and learning development through their platforms and learning fund
If you think you’re suitable then please get in touch to discuss the role further.