Head of Data & Analytics
Within this role you will provide technical leadership and expertise in the delivery of business intelligence, data management and data strategy. Working closely with other heads of department and business colleagues you'll identify opportunities to optimise the use of data and information to meet strategic needs.
This role is based remotely in England with occasional travel to offices based in the South West.
You'll help us by;
- Leading the data and analytics centre of excellence, working closely with subject matter experts within functions to access and make data-driven decisions.
- Leading the analysis of the current technology environment to detect deficiencies, opportunities and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Developing, prioritising and implementing an enterprise-wide data and analytics strategy and roadmap.
- Ensuring appropriate tools and solutions to enable reporting and insights.
- Working collaboratively with business colleagues to identify and establish KPIs and reporting services, supporting budgeting and goal-setting across those metrics.
- Ensuring data-driven approaches generate business insights through data analytics and visualisations.
- Creating and actively share knowledge resources to relevant stakeholders and communicate how these resources can be used to address different needs (e.g., problem-solving, learning, strategic planning and decision making).
- Helping the business to understand the power and value of a data-driven approach to decision-making, and provide them with insights that contribute to the strategic goals of the business.
- Ensuring systems and solutions have appropriate data governance and that data is well architected and secured.
- Building our statistical modelling capability.
- Establishing, maintaining and championing a consistent approach to the measurement, monitoring and improvement of data related capabilities.
The skills you'll be sharing with the team;
A proven leader, you'll have previous experience of managing a Data & Analytics function within a similar size business and driving a high performing agile team. Possessing highly effective communication skills, you'll be able to articulate complex issues and concepts to a wide range of audiences, both written and verbally.
With a degree in a numerate subject (scientific or technical orientated), you'll have demonstrable experience of using statistical analysis and modelling techniques to understand business performance impacts. You'll also be adept at building and providing business insight through KPIs and reporting. We're also looking for previous experience of cloud hosted data/integration architectures on one of the following platforms; Microsoft Azure, Google GCP, Amazon AWS.
A background in a retail environment would also be advantageous.