Graduate/Junior Software Engineer Java - Fantastic Graduate opportunities ! Our client based in London are a busy software provider to the world's top banks. They are looking for a Graduate Java Engineer, (Strong object-oriented Java development skills) . Salaries negotiable from to £50K depending on experience plus excellent benefits and a committed Company Career Development Framework for you . You will work with Product Owners, Team Leaders and other Developers throughout the software development life cycle to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
- A keen interest in software design
- Strong object oriented Java development skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- An independent problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Time management.
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Fluent in English Desirable
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- RESTful web services
- Client/Server and n-tier technology
- BSc (Honours) Computer Science or similar degree with a significant computing bias.
You will manage a diverse workload including multiple parallel tasks and you will prioritise your time and tasks effectively. You will be designing and developing innovative solutions for the world’s leading financial institutions. You will make progress on tasks and seeks assistance in a timely fashion from peers to enable you to achieve your end goal. You will also take responsibility for assigned features and functions, as well as seeking opportunities to further develop with guidance from team members.
- Complete product lifecycle from gathering initial requirements, design, development, testing and configuration through to deployment
- Writing and testing code in order to develop scalable and robust solutions, which meet the high performance and availability standards of global financial institutions
- Maintain existing solutions, services and in-house toolkits
- Support development of companies solutions.
- Collaborating with other developers and other departments