I am recruiting for a Data Engineer for an expanding software house in Bristol, who are looking for an individual with hands on experience with Snowflake Data warehouse.
This company has been going from strength to strength lately and are expanding their Data Engineering function.
The Data Engineer, reporting into the Engineering Lead will be primarily responsible for the end-to-end data ingestion, storage, and transformation across their platform.
You’ll be experienced in working with enterprise data and following ELT practices with hands on experience using Snowflake in commercial environments (if you also have experience with any of the Azure Managed Data services, then that’s a bonus!) You’ll be comfortable creating reusable code to manage the ingestion and manipulation of data into our data stores, whether mapping to existing schemas or designing schemas from scratch.
Ideal experience we are looking for:
- Use of Snowflake within enterprise organisations – must have commercial experience of using Snowpipe, streams and tasks
- Proficient in Snowflake DDL and DML
- Experience of version control systems for code control – we use Azure DevOps
- Solid understanding of the software development cycle and DevOps practices.
- Proven experience in data modelling and data modelling methodologies
- Understanding of the impact of data models on end user BI reports and able to optimise models for efficiency. (Experience with BI tooling will be beneficial).
- Comfortable with working with large data sets across multiple database technologies (SQL and Document DBs)
There is massive opportunity to grow with this company as they go from strength to strength and be part of a friendly, supportive and very able team. If you are interesting in discussing further please apply and I will contact you with further details.
It is fully remote at the moment with a split of 50/50 moving forward with offices in Bristol. Salary is circa 55-65K with benefits.